Preparing to Teach in the Life Long Sector (PTLLS)
The Medical Wing is pleased to offer the Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) programme, which is recognised by Lifelong Learning UK, the government approved standards body for the education sector. The qualification is defined as the minimum requirement for those wishing to deliver post 16 Education.
The HABC Level 3 Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) is aimed at those wanting to teach in the lifelong learning sector, or those already teaching within the sector who do not have the relevant qualifications.
All new teachers must gain a Licence to Practice at the start of their career. They have up to 6 months to achieve this from the date that they commence working in the profession.
The HABC Level 3 Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector will provide an introductory programme for new teachers and confer a threshold licence to teach. Note that the threshold licence to teach allows learners to commence their professional development within the teaching profession.
The PTLLS Award consists of five sections:
- Understand your own role, responsibilities and boundaries of the teaching role
- Understand appropriate teaching and learning approaches within a specialist area
- Demonstrate your session planning skills—plan, deliver, observe and evaluate a micro teach
- Understand how to deliver inclusive sessions that motivate learners
- Understand the use of different assessment methods and analyse the need for accurate record keeping and procedures that can be adopted– include internal and external assessment information.
During the qualification learners will produce a portfolio of evidence that will meet the learning outcomes from the sections listed above. This will consist of 5 theory assessments and 1 practical assessment. The practical assessment consists of one 30 minute micro-teach session delivered as part of the programme, where both tutor and peer feedback will be given.
You will be provided with;
- All the materials you require for the course
- Learning resources and multi-media equipped class room for training
- Quality training and support
Nearest Station: Bicester
Map: Click here for map
For more information
PLEASE TELEPHONE: 01869 357833 or 0750 3912771
Or contact us via email: Click here for contact form